The IMSD program provides support for undergraduate students at KU who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedical research. Major components of the program include mentored student research experiences, enhancement programs in introductory science and math courses, and enrichment activities such as group seminars, faculty and peer mentoring, and travel to scientific meetings.
IMSD is designed to support a diverse group of KU students as they prepare for graduate study and, ultimately, careers in biomedical research. To prepare for participants for graduate study, IMSD provides participants with...
- financial support,
- an extensive mentored research experience with a KU faculty mentor,
- personalized academic counseling,
- curricular enhancements,
- specialized seminars,
- professional development opportunities,
- presentation opportunities,
- an allowance for travel to national meetings, and
- access to laptops and calculators.
For questions or more information about the program, please contact the IMSD Prorgam Coordinator:
1002A Haworth Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534
To contact other Office for Diversity in Science Training support staff or administration, please visit the ODST Contact page.